These days, lockdowns and takeaway food are inextricably intertwined as small business restaurant owners pivot to a new operating model so that house-bound folks could continue to enjoy what they have to offer. Here are four of the best takeaway shops in North Lakes and Mango Hill to keep cabin fever at bay.
Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers
Gnocchi Gnocchi Brothers started off as a takeaway shop serving fresh handmade gnocchi in Paddington. The business, which has aimed to be the world’s first gnoccheria chain, has since taken off with seven locations, including the North Lakes site, which opened in June 2021.
The shop serves a variety of gnocchi, Italy’s version of dumplings, served with saucy and cheesy goodness, including vegan and vegetarian varieties. Their Mushroom and Truffle Sauce Gnocchi has been voted The People’s Choice.
- Address: Westfield North Lakes, Lakes Drive
- Website: https://www.gnocchignocchibrothers.com.au/location/north-lakes/
- Social: https://www.instagram.com/gnocchignocchibrothers
- Phone: 0481 305 363
- Menu: https://gnocchignocchibrothers.bopple.app/menu/7715
My T Burger
My T Burger serves the classic takeaway food made up of buns, meat and sauce but to keep things interesting (and the customers coming back!), the shop strives to enhance their burger menu by the season. The burger joint makes everything in the store — from the buns, patties and sauce. The meat is cooked to perfection over charcoal.
“Our My T Sauce starts with eggs and oil, our buns start with flour and water and our beef patty’s start as whole cuts of beef,” the owner said. “Taste equals good quality ingredients, prepared and cooked right, with a pinch of crazy and a dash of love to ensure that you get the good stuff without the long term health risks.”
- Address: Endeavour Boulevard
- Website: https://www.mytburger.com/
- Social: https://www.instagram.com/mytburger/
- Phone: (07) 38806927 (Closed on Saturdays)
- Menu: https://www.mytburger.com/menu?
Told You So
Coffee lovers and their dogs always frequent this shop when there were no lockdowns. Now, the store known for its exceptional coffee and customer service has shifted to a takeaway shop with the same brand of friendly and warm service.
Told You So serves caffeinated drinks in simple ways: white, black, filtered, or soda. The cafe also has some of the tastiest bites to go with coffee, including pies, choices of bagels with spread, as well as breakfast pots to grab and go. The treats differ regularly so it’s best to send a message on their socials for enquiries.
Told You So takes part in regular fundraising campaigns for CafeSmart (2 to 8 Aug 2021). Check out their donation site for details.
- Address: Discovery Drive
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/_toldyouso/
- Social: https://www.facebook.com/Toldyousocoffee/
- Menu: enquire from their socials
Broken Hearts Burger Club
Broken Hearts Burger Club (BHBC) opened its Mango Hill site in June 2021 at the former Hello Harry site. Inspired by Los Angeles burger joints, complete with the retro vibe, BHBC offers burgers, sides, and shakes to satisfy the broken-hearted or just the really famished consumers in need of comfort food.
“We don’t have a specific secret menu, but sometimes we have some secret experiments or a little something under the counter that might play with the profile of your burger.”
- Address: Mango Hill Marketplace, Halpine Drive
- Website: https://mangohillmarketplace.com.au/stores/broken-hearts-burger-club/
- Social: https://www.instagram.com/brokenheartsburgerclub/
- Menu: https://linktr.ee/brokenhearts/